Course Planning for Beginners
The objective of the course is to complement the training that handlers do with their dogs, providing a method to make a course plan. This course plan will help you guide your dog to the successful completion of a course. We will cover how your dog is thinking and seeing the course and understand the challenges in preparing effective handling plans to support the dog.
This course is intended for teams who are ready to compete at a starter level or participate in K9 Kup at Paws 4 Fun Agility Club. Students MUST have access to Facebook for the online component of the course which will include online personalized feedback on the homework assignments as well as discussion with the instructors and other students. Students will be required to download, print, mark up and repost their homework in the private Facebook group.
This course will include:
- Six (6) online lessons to be completed at your own pace. The course material will be available on Facebook for a period of 12 weeks.
- Each week new handouts and homework (in PDF format) will be posted by the instructor in the private Facebook group. Documents will introduce terms and concepts as well as maps showing examples of course plans.
- Students MUST have access to Facebook to participate in this course. Students are expected to be able to use the private Facebook group to download, print, mark up and repost their homework using Facebook.
- Ongoing dialogue between the instructor and students through Facebook will support each lesson and the homework submitted by the students. All participants will also be learning from each other during the posted discussion.
- Two (2) additional lessons will follow at the Paws4Fun outdoor fields with handlers and their dogs in late spring.
For maximum benefit, handlers should have run courses at starter level trials or participated in K9 Kup at Paws 4 Fun Agility Club.
Students must have access to Facebook. Students are expected to be able to use the private Facebook group to download, print, mark up and repost their homework using Facebook.
Start Date: week of March 19, 2023
Length of Course: 8 weeks (6 weeks online and 2 weeks in-person)
Course held online using private Facebook group
Instructors: Michele Guillet & Janet Clark
Cost: $60 for Members, $72 for Non-members
(working spots only, no audit spots are available for this course)
Registration: This class is full, registrations are closed
1) Preferred: via e-transfer per the instructions in the registration form.
2) Via PayPal using the button to the right.