Club membership is intended for dog owners who wish to try out
or participate in the sport of canine agility. Any and all dogs are welcome: mixed and purebred, large and small. All of our training and competition are open
to all breed and mixed teams. Our
members may be anyone from canine sport beginners to well experienced
In support of the sport of canine agility, the club holds from time to time activities to improve the relationship between handlers and their dog(s), including Rally-O obedience training and competition and behaviour testing.
Persons who wish to be active in club activities but neither train nor compete with a dog at the club, may donate their volunteer time to a designated member by proxy: that is, they may donate their time to a club member (single or family) without needing to join the club.
Paws4Fun Agility offers single membership and family membership for a calendar year, with the heart of sport activity spanning from mid-spring to mid-fall. Family membership is advantageous where several handlers live under the same roof, including couples or a parent with junior handlers (under 18 years of age). Junior handlers may also join as single members.
Membership fees are used towards facilities and administrative costs. Our administrative costs are minimal because all administrative positions are held by members who volunteer their time.
Paws4Fun Agility offers its members financial savings and multiple learning opportunities.
- Reduced fees on agility training courses given by our instructors.
- Discount and early registration to the four all day K9Kup events if your application is received by the K9Cup registration deadline.
- Discount, advanced notice and access to premiums of sanctioned AAC trials held at our premises.
- Discount and/or early registration to various training, competition and learning activities to be held at our premises.
- Access to our agility fields and equipment placed thereon for personal practice purposes, if you attest to having at least the equivalent experience of a set of beginner agility training classes.
- Belonging to the club e-mail notification and announcement list.
- to participate in agility events as an official,
- to help with club facility maintenance and improvement,
- to participate in ancillary events held by the club such as public demonstrations, other canine sports, fun matches,
- to learn and share the fun of canine agility with other members and their canine team mates,
- to brag and contribute to the club newsletter,
- to be heard and vote at the bi-annual general meetings held by the club,
- to share one's agility skills as an instructor and
- to run the club as a Director, coordinator or other administrative support volunteer.
- Discount on your next year's membership fee through the Frequent Volunteer Reward Program.
Member volunteering is at the core of our club. It is another expression for hanging out with agility enthusiasts. It is also the core responsibility of each member. Paws4Fun Agility is run, created and maintained by its volunteering members. Our advantageous member fee structure is based upon the contribution of volunteer time, skill and effort. Junior handlers benefit from a reduced minimum volunteering engagement. The Volunteer & Support page describes the various volunteering opportunities the club offers its members and how to find out more about volunteering in the various streams on offer.
Membership is offered to single or family applicants through our membership forms with payment of the fee: $70 for a single membership and $100 for a family membership. This will be reduced if people joining after July 1. These fees are based on the expectation that the member will contribute at least 16 volunteer hours during the year. If you choose not to contribute volunteer hours, the fee is $150 and $200 for single and family memberships, respectively.
The previous year's members will be sent a membership renewal form by email. The form will provide an opportunity to update information and to update membership engagements. The fee will be based upon the member's volunteer hours in the previous year. If you did not fulfill all your volunteer hours in 2016, you will be expected to complete them before any volunteer hours are counted towards 2017. If you have any questions, please contact the membership coordinator at email@example.com.
The 2017 membership application form is available by clicking here.
The form indicates the method for its submission. Print it, fill it out by hand and either scan and email or (post) mail it. Or use whatever application you have to fill it out digitally and email it. Fee payment may be made on this page by selecting the appropriate PayPal option or by mailing in a cheque to the address indicated on the left.
The membership forms list the engagements associated with membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish, the membership coordinator will be pleased to phone you and answer your questions. New members may be intimidated by the volunteering engagement. Be reassured. Simply read the notices we will send you by email and contact the person named there or ask email@example.com. See the Volunteer & Support page.
MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTANCE - The Paws4Fun Agility membership coordinator will notify new and renewing members by email to the effect that their membership application has been accepted. In the case of application information or payment discrepancy relative to Paws4Fun Agility club policy, please expect and respond to an email from the Paws4Fun Agility membership co-ordinator. If application acknowledgement is taking too long, do not hesitate to notify firstname.lastname@example.org!
HESITATING TO JOIN? NEED SOME ANSWERS? Contact email@example.com and provide a phone number where you can be reached. Within a few days at most, the membership coordinator or another administrative support volunteer will call to answer your questions.